Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Where does your sense of fulfillment come from?

Why do I do this to myself?

I left EP to have a more flexible schedule. And I do. But Vince would tell you I'm not working any less than I was. Sure. I'm working differently. And he gently reminds me - I need to get out of the habit of working 40 hours (ha ha) a week.

Why is this such a hard habit for me to break? I have two delicious babies at home. Who need their Mommy and want to be around her, (and under her, on her, near her, attached to her - you get the point). Not to mention the whole loving husband and just household in general piece of it (oh, and then the forgotten dog, God bless her).

But I realized several months ago that most of my sense of fulfillment comes from my work. And the job I do. I put a lot of effort into the work I do, and therefore, I'm very proud of it. This makes breaking the habit of working 40+10+10+5 hours per week even more difficult.

So, I'm finding other things to get my sense of fulfillment from (OK, starting today I will) - gardening, exercising, delicious babies, and husband (and dog - not considered the same person - at least not today). This should help me on the road to not working a gazillion hours a week. Right? Maybe?

Balance, Anne. Balance. It has to be out there somewhere.

Where does your sense of fulfillment come from? Do you need to find other things to help you balance that? Or is it just me?


No comments:

Post a Comment