Wednesday, May 9, 2012

If You Can't Go With the Flow, Get Out of the Flow

Because - here's the thing. It's going to keep flowing. Have you ever been watering plants or washing your car and you see the water dripping down the driveway into the street? And then maybe put a piece of mulch or pine bark in the middle just trying to see what happens? You know what happens? The water goes around it, and it still goes down the slope.

And that's what I realized today. Things will go the way they're going to go no matter what you do to change it. Now, you may alter the course - or change the way things will go - but it's still going to go that way.  I was so mad at a friend that I couldn't see straight. Because I disagreed with how he approaches business. I disagreed because it's not the way I approach business. And me, being who I am, like the way I approach things and how I handle things. I think it's a great way.

Here's the kicker. More than likely, at the end of the day, the result will be the same. The way we got there will be different, and intensely frustrating for me. But in the middle of venting my frustration (when I really probably shouldn't have), I realized - it's ok. Just go with the flow, Anne. Voice what is out there in a polite manner, put that piece of mulch down if you think it's necessary - but let things flow. And if you don't like it - find something else to do with your time.




No comments:

Post a Comment