Monday, May 14, 2012

Procrastinating is not an option.....

I have only had one mental breakdown during this process now going on two months....which given the roller coaster of emotions that has come with this transition, I'd say is pretty good. And the breakdown came as a direct result of positive opportunities. It's a whole new world of time management I'm learning.

I do not procrastinate the way I used to. I can't. I have very little idea what the rest of the day will bring, let alone the rest of the week. So if the time is there to do it, well I have to. Right then and there.

The other week, I had several proposals due (more on that at a later date).....they were due on a Friday, and I was to be out of town Thursday and Friday, and knew my time was limited. The old Anne still would have worked toward cranking them out every free second on Thursday & Friday. The new Anne started cranking them out immediately. First of all, the information was still fresh in my head, so it wasn't near as hard as if I'd waited a couple of days. Secondly, the time I thought I would have - I didn't.

The proposals all got out on time. And I learned a lesson (and not in the hard way, like I'm sure others will come) - procrastinating is not an option for me right now. Get it done.

The best part about this process, was I got all the initial information down and how I wanted to approach it. Which gave me more time for massaging and tweaking, and I put together what I felt were strong, smart proposals. And I was proud of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment